Install Docker Toolbox, available for Windows and macOS.
If you’re using GNU/Linux, follow instructions here.
- Install a terminal application if you don’t have one already. Hyper is nice.
Prepare to launch
- In your terminal, download the Conjur quick-start configuration:
Pull all the required Docker images from DockerHub
docker-composecan do this for you automatically:
- Generate your master data key and load it into the environment:
conjurctl conjur data-key generatecommand gives you a master data key. Back it up in a safe location.
Install and Configure
docker-compose up -dto run the Conjur server, database and client
- Create a default account (eg.
conjurctl account createcommand gives you the public key and admin API key for the account you created. Back them up in a safe location.
docker-compose exec client bashto get a bash shell with the Conjur client software
- Initialize the Conjur client using the account name and admin API key you created:
Conjur is installed and ready for use! If you want to confirm that Conjur was installed properly, you can open a browser and go to localhost:8080 and view the included status UI page.
Ready to do more? Here are some suggestions: